Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Divided States of AM3R!KA

Today there was an article about a man who had served as a U.S. Navy SEAL for 20 years. He risked all to serve and protect a thankless country... After his departure from the military this man has undergone the process to become a woman. The transformation is done, and is now legally and anatomically a woman. 


The Yahoo! is as follows:




Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' Comes Out



Kristin Beck, formerly Chris, served 20 years as a SEAL and fought on some of the most dangerous battlefields in the world, but after she left the service she realized she wasn't living the life she wanted.



"Chris really wanted to be a girl and felt that she was a girl and consolidated that identity very early on in childhood," said Anne Speckhard, co-author of Beck's biography "Warrior Princess," which was published over the weekend. Speckhard told ABC News Beck suppressed that secret for decades, however, through the trials of SEAL training and the harrowing missions that followed, growing a burly beard as she fought on the front lines of American special operations.



Brandon Webb, a former SEAL who served on a different SEAL team than Beck, said that Beck's reputation in the SEALs was a good one and said she was, by all appearances, the "consummate guy's guy."



But the book says that Chris "had considered living as the woman he felt himself to be for a very long time, but while he was serving as a SEAL he couldn't do it."



"For years Chris had turned off his sexuality like a light switch and lived as a warrior, consumed with the battle -- living basically asexual. For Chris the other SEALs were brothers and in the man's man warrior lifestyle, even if he had wanted to entertain sexual thoughts, there really was never any time to be thinking too much about sexuality," the book says.



After her retirement in 2011, however, "Now seemed the right time to go for it -- to make his body match his identity -- or at least start by dressing like a woman in his regular life."



Speckhard said Beck first announced her decision to friends online with the declaration "No more disguises" and the book describes her going out to gay bars in Florida as a woman.



Beck is currently on hormone therapy in preparation for sexual reassignment surgery and generally wears long hair, make-up and women's clothes, Speckhard said.



In the book's Preface, Beck said she wrote the book "to reach out to all of the younger generation and encourage you to live your life fully and to treat each other with compassion, be good to each other, especially in your own backyard (where it be high school or your community)."





Mindful:


Funny to see how so many that do not care to ask questions in hopes of understanding... You people would rather slam someone who had the courage to defend your rights to slam them. Funny how when this person was risking life and limb, you did not complain. You did not know him. Now that he has transitioned in to something else that you feel not capable of understanding, you would not thank them for their 20 years of loyalty and service but rather bash them for the choices made to be comfortable in their own skin.

It is pathetic to see how so many use their freedom of speech only to degrade others. To put others down in hopes of raising their own self esteem. I used to be proud to be American, now I hate 90% of you. Seeing how we treat one another for whatever reason we can find to hate without justification. You people are truly abysmally disgusting!





Keith:


A gifted man will now cut off his pecker and grow breasts and wear a dress...can't you see that the poor fellow has lost his mind...there was a time when this man would be treated for PTS or Schizophrenia...but now he will be celebrated in the media and get a call from Obama... It's actually very sad indeed~



Mindful:


@ Keith: You ever hear of Andy Warhol? While I was in school, I worked many jobs to pay for college. One of my jobs was working as a security guard at the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. Go there for the Steel Party. It is a yearly celebration of alternative lifestyles. You think that this man did this due to the war? NO! A lot and I stress a LOT of the most macho men you would revere are as macho due to over compensation for the inner workings of their own mind and true self that they themselves have not accepted. I was witness to an education in my 3 years at that museum that NOTHING in this world could have prepared me for. It opened my eyes to a lot of things.



Most importantly, I learned that when someone is truly comfortable with themselves, they are a lot happier in life and that exudes from them. So you can bash all you want. You raging assholes are the closed minded sheep, not me.




---:
 
Grow up. You "used to be proud to be an American"? Nobody cares. You hate 90% of Americans? Too bad for you. Nobody is going to lose sleep over it.




Mindful:

@ The coward too scared to post a moniker: You think your opinion matters? You honestly think I give a flying fuck that you are that much of a miserable fucking ass hole that you have to be that ignorant? No, I dont. THAT you douche is why I hate you and the other 90%. K? Thank you, now go fuck yourself. :D




--- :

I never stated how I feel on the matter the the SEAL. You make a lot of assumptions. You need to grow up. Nobody cares if you get all worked up and hate everybody. You only upset yourself. But it is quite comical.




Mindful:

I do not feed trolls, bye.




---:

So you think your opinion matters?




---:

It doesn’t




Mindful:

Hello again you stupid fuck head. You think that trolling me and continuing to post will get you anywhere? Nope. Shows how blissfully ignorant you are. K? Thank you for playing. Besides, why are you continuing to badger me? Isn't there a playground you need to be stalking?




---:

you didn't post your legal name and location, did you? hmmm you must be a coward... The three dashes have a significance that you are not privvy to and from the sound of your ranting i don't see you ever finding out.





Mindful:

You know what, I have done my part to feed the fuck headed trolls today. I am done. buh-bye.




Jace M:

It’s just weird.




Mindful:

@ Jace: I would agree! Yes, I would say the same. However, that man now woman is not beating on my 
door trying to get me to follow suit, so I really cannot condemn or condone. It does not affect me one way or another. I can only express my appreciation to this person for their services prior.




Jace M:
Fair enough. It's still weird though.




Joe:

THe only thing being defended is money.




--- :
Why don't you post your name, SSN, and home address for everybody on the internet to see? I don't think you will. Apparently that makes you a coward.





--- :

"S you in your A, don't wear a C and J all over your B."




--- :

You never know who is lurking on public comment boards such as this.... Homeland Defense doesn't look kindly upon those that express anti-American sentiments. I'd wager that the Boston Marathon bombers hated 90% of Americans as well... You are not as smart as you think you are.




Bryan:
The Mindful Lunatic, You said: "It is pathetic to see how so many use their freedom of speech only to degrade others." It seems as though you have used your Freedom of Speech to degrade others as well. Granted, there is Absolutely No Need to degrade anyone and be rude because you disagree with them. I definitely agree with you there. We have to be mindful that we do not become that which we are Calling Out.




Mindful:

@ Bryan: I agree with you! I DO! Your comment is completely, 119% correct. However, I started off my comment with a very simple thought in mind: The person in question not only had the courage and drive to defend our freedom for 20 years in the most rigorous branch of any military force on Earth today... I again stress that this is not my cup of tea, but it is his now her freedom to do with her body as she so pleases.

I have over 200 hours of tattoo work on me. I know that there are a lot of people that do not like it, do not care for it. I have the right to do it and so I am happy when I get work done. It is my body, mo choice, my freedom.

When I wrote my initial comment, I was trying to be supportive of this person. I was not condoning and or trying to persuade anyone else to follow in her footsteps. Then the trolls attacked and I do take it personally at times.

Funny how people will make fun of a group, but will find themselves in a position to needing that group somewhere down the line.


The troll that keeps nipping at my that is going by: --- seems that IT is not going away. That kind of stupidity that is running rampant in today's society does overwhelm and irritate me. However Bryan, your comment again while completely true and valid has helped me focus and center myself again.

You cannot ever anticipate where you will find a calming source and sense of reason! To you Bryan, I thank you!



Mindful:

@ --- : I will address your Boston comment and nothing after! The day that happened, just like the day of 9/11. I will never forget where I was and what I was doing. That kind of senseless brutality is beyond comprehension. Look at my blog, look at my comments previous to this post! I have told government officials what I think of them and their worthless positions. I have expressed my bitter disdain for a lot of people and the complaints I have are founded. So, looking back at your ignorant slander, I will define my hate for you and the rest of the blind sheeple!

I HATE those who choose to find amusement in the torment of others! I hate trolls like ---, I hate them due to the simple fact that their overwhelming abysmal outlook on life is so torrid, that they feel the need to gouge at anything and everything in hopes of gaining ANY form of attention!

I look at the crimes committed today by Americans against who? That's right MORE and OTHER AMERICANS! The more I see, the more that happens and the less being done to correct or prevent these heinous acts... yes... MY HATRED GROWS! By leaps and bounds! Furthermore, I am not a fucking muzlem! I hate them more than anything. Thanks.


Madasahatter:
Interesting perspective, Keith.
Overall I couldn't care less.


Brian:
I dare any of you haters to say something to her in person. You would get thoroughly thrashed....by a girl.

Jace M:
Haters? Such an overplayed word. I don't care what this person does with their life. It truly is not my business. That still does not change the fact that I view it as weird. I will tolerate the fact that someone chooses to live their life in a way that is different than mine. That is their business. I will not accept that it is a natural way to live and I will not be forced to believe anything different. As it is, live and let live.

Primate:
So why this guy / girl have to make a big deal ? Hoping to make more money for Botox and other upgrades.

Mindful:
Funny how I continue to reply and Yahoo feels it not necessary to keep the posts. I must have twisted someone's nuts...

Ringo:
@the mindful.... You're simply off-base.

Keith:
@ Mindful ...If I were walking in the woods and a saw a bear, wearing a bra and riding a unicycle...then I would wonder..."Who taught that bear that?" ...If I saw a lion rip off his balls... then I would think, " Man, what's wrong with that lion..." So, if I see a man doing the same, my conclusion would be as follows..

Ahoy Matey:Hey mindful.... you are pathetic!

Mindful:
Yup... keep hurling the insults! You are reaffirming the blatant stupidity of We the People. Thank you.

Jace M:
"keep hurling the insults"

after

"You raging #$%$ are the closed minded sheep, not me."

"that much of a miserable #$%$ ##$%$

"THAT you douche is why I hate you"

Your words, not mine. I take it that you didn't take Bryan's words to heart. Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.



Jace M:
I never once insulted you, used profanity, or screamed at you. What are you talking about?

Mindful:
I love to debate things... I do! I am very passionate about how i feel on almost an topic... The biggest issue I have not only with Jace, and any one else posting is me...

You could be laughing and writing a sarcastic quip at a comment... You have no ill meaning in that quip, yet the person reading it is having a bad day, has difficulty reading the sarcasm, or is for whatever reason offended...

When you convey thoughts on a written platform, you cannot anticipate how others will reply, and depending on your own mood and mindset, how those replies were intended.

I had the best of intentions when I made my original post, honestly I did. As the tones got worse, and my day spiraled out of control, then tacking the fact that Yahoo would not accept my replies... That snowballed into a very hostile nerd raging keyboard beater... Me.

The one reply in specific that did NOT get posted was the reply I intended for Bryan. That did not post and that one failed post really did upset me. Again, my raging is not excusable, but all of us are passionate about something...

I love writing, I hate the lack of expression you can convey to the masses. As an author, they have a target audience. Public forums, you are gonna hit a nerve on someone. That is an absolute.

The day is winding down, and I am wrapping it up.

Jace and Bryan to you both, I bow in respect and commend you. 



(I have added more replies that happened since this posting.)

* * * * 

That is where I left off... The replies I have posted from others have not been edited at ALL! 

The last 3 replies I posted were not kept by Yahoo. I was not able to post any further today, that is why I brought my argument here...

I am going to say here that there a lot of things that  people will do to and for themselves that I personally do not agree with. On that train of thought however, I cannot say that I have the right to prevent them from doing it. I do not have the right to, nor will I ever. 

If someone feels that they are the wrong gender, that is their thought process, that is their life. NOT MINE to control. With that in mind, what is it about her decision that I have the right to say one damn thing? 

This now woman who spent 20 years as a SEAL doing god knows what in places most of us would have died, been murdered, or otherwise... Chris, at that time did his time to help an ungrateful nation. 

Our citizens bask in our freedoms. They spit on those protecting it. We slaughter one another in droves... Is that freedom? Or is that nothing more than controlled chaos? 

It is no secret, I hate almost all people. Why is that? Simply based on the fact that most people make it so easy for me to hate them. If I see someone on the side of the road, I used to stop to try and help. There were a lot of very appreciative people.In this day and age, you have to wonder who is lurking where ready to ambush a helpful bystander! Disgusting! 

The overwhelming amounts of animosity I harbor for others, is due to the simple fact that people are the most treacherous monsters alive.We will do anything and everything conceivable to improve our own lives with no regards to the cost or harm to others. There are some out there, that will commit such atrocities all in the name of good fun and amusement...

The human race is a self indulgent plague. We are nothing more than a failed experiment.

Simple. 

  /rant




No comments:

Post a Comment